This policy sets out the information handling practices for Hawkes Bay Combined Taxis Limited and/or any of its subsidiaries including our websites and mobile apps. It does not cover personal information about our employees.
We strive to manage personal information in a best practice way which is open and transparent while enabling us to better serve our customers and the community.
Personal information means information or an opinion, true or false and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an identified or reasonable individual.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect personally identifiable information that is specifically and voluntarily provided by visitors to our services including our websites. Such identifiable information includes name, title, phone number, commercial or private address, email addresses and any other information necessary for the provision of our services. Typically, identifying information is collected to:
- Register for and use certain services;
- Administer and manage the services we provide;
- Adhere to our policies and procedures;
- Deliver information to you, such as information on products and services, newsletters, promotions and events;
- Improve our marketing and promotional efforts, by enabling statistical analysis of site and product usage in aggregated form;
- Answer your requests and queries.
- Notice where you give us information
NOTICE WHERE YOU GIVE US INFORMATION ABOUT THIRD PARTIES
SOUND AND IMAGE RECORDINGS
We use sound recordings from customers as part of our quality assurance and assessment of staff for training and educational purposes. We have special protections around this information including separate storage and technical and policy restrictions on who can access this information.
We use in-vehicle image recordings for the purpose of passenger and driver safety where special protections are also around this information including separate storage and technical and policy restrictions of who can access this information.
USES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use information we collect to:
- Administer services we provide;
- Target marketing communications;
- Statistical analysis in aggregated form;
- Provide your details to taxi service providers in order to procure a taxi for you;
- Maintain your profile, favourites and booking details on our server for the purposes of your account;
- Present advertisements, special offers and promotions to you about our services, from time to time;
- Respond to your enquiries;
- Forecast future needs of our services and for general quality assurance and training purposes;
- Any other purposes identified at the time of collecting your information. We will only use your sensitive information for the purposes for which it was collected, the purposes listed above, as required or permitted by law or purposes to which you otherwise consent.
We send marketing material to customers to provide information on products and services that the company provides that will be of personal and/or professional benefit including any special offers from third parties. If you are not interested in receiving such material, ‘Unsubscribe’ to opt out of electronic marketing material is made available. Alternatively you can contact us to have your details removed.
DISCLOSURE (SHARING) OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Hawkes Bay Combined Taxis and any of its subsidiaries may disclose your information:
- To drivers so that they can perform the services required
- Where the law requires or permits us to do so such as law enforcement agencies;
- To other entities, including an agent of yours who will pass the information to you, or with your consent;
- For registration of events;
- Where you would reasonably expect.
Some of our contracted service providers are located in other countries including Australia. Where we use a service provider that hosts personal information in other countries, we take steps that are reasonable in the circumstance to ensure that the host does not breach the New Zealand Information Privacy Principles. The steps we take include:
Adding provisions in our contract with the service provider that require them to protect the personal information they hold,
Where a privacy breach occurs in relation to an overseas service provider, we support and work in handling the breach.
We participate in social media such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter for internal purposes. These sites have their own privacy policies.
When individuals access our mobile application, we collect user details such as names, email addresses and contact numbers in order to authenticate user access to our services. We use personal data gathered for internal purposes such as marketing.
This section applies to all Hawkes Bay Combined Taxis Limited’s websites including any Hawkes Bay Combined Taxis Limited subsidiaries.